Thursday 22 September 2011

BMA Awards for my book End of Life the Essential Guide to Caring

 Well the big news was that my book End of Life the Essential Guide to Caring was Highly Commended at the BMA Books Awards and also Highly Commended for the BMA Science Award for the Understanding of Science which surprised us somewhat. Apparently ‘This guide impressed the judges with its practical focus and sympathetic style’ anyway I’m not complaining!
 I have been effectively out of work since the government cutbacks, its bad news for me but also for all the carers who are not getting the training and support they need when working with people with dementia and end of life.
 Frustrating is an understatement.
 In the meantime I qualified as a Bereavement Counsellor and am volunteering with Cruse Bereavement Charity.
Will also be writing another book. I'm back to blogging!
Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment