Sunday 9 December 2012

Buzz words don't lead to better care



’Nurses who fail to demonstrate compassionate care are betraying the values of their profession’, according to the Chief Nursing Officer for England’
Compassionate is not a verb. You can’t order a nurse to be compassionate. Compassion is a reaction to seeing someone who is vulnerable, suffering, unable to help themselves. A compassionate response would be a desire to help them.
But no directive is going to make that happen.
In 2001 we had the Department of Health’s  Social Care Institute for Excellence which intended to improve social care in England. The word excellence of course made their results excellent. Not.
 We also had the Dignity in Care campaign launched by the Department of Health in 2006. Well, that worked well!  Now we have The Royal College of Nursing telling the nurses to be compassionate. They think that by using more meaningful words they will deliver more meaningful care.
Every year seems to be another  year of magical thinking.
 According to the Royal College of Nursing Since the coalition came to power in May 2010, the NHS workforce in England has decreased by 28,500 posts, and a further 32,700 jobs are at risk.
The number of qualified nurses working for the health service reduced by more than 6,000.( http://www.channel4.com/news/nurses-must-deliver-compassionate-care)
There seems to be a belief that it is possible to  ignore  the reduction in  staffing levels, the increase in bed occupancy, and  the looming  explosion of our ageing population heading towards the end of their lives, and that it will be enough to periodically  sprinkle a few flowery adjectives to describe the new model of care, and hey presto the care will improve as if  by magic.
The reality is that the par between the real and the intended care  just gets bigger and bigger, and the Government’s Department of Health and the Royal College of Nursing’s mission statements  look  more and more like a feeble  marriage vow taken moments before the groom runs off with the bridesmaid.

 

2 comments:

  1. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i recieved through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email--- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have herbal cure for COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITICS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC PANCERATIC, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, COUGH, ULCER, ARTHRITIS, LEUKEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here again to say a big thanks to Dr. omohan for making me a free and healthy person again, I was infected with herpes for 3 years, I have been seriously praying to God and searching for cure. I came here last month to search for solution to my problem and I saw comments of people talking about different doctors and God directed me to choose Dr. omohan and I contacted Him, he sent me some herbal medicines and directed me on how to take the medicines for about 15 days. I did so after which I went for a test and my result came out as Negative. I am so happy, my joy knows no bound and I have taken it upon myself to always testify about how God used this doctor to solve my problem. I am a clean man now, without any virus. If you are infected with HERPES or any other related Virus you can also be happy like me by contacting Dr. omohan through his Email: dromohanherbalmedicine@gmail.com OR Whatsapp him on: +2348164816038

    ReplyDelete